2016 year in review and New Year’s resolutions for 2017
The beautiful year of 2016 is coming to an end. For us, it was filled with travels, adventures and… changes. Never before we have spent so much time in a journey. We’ve only been for one month in our homeland, Poland.
Every year, we are trying to summarise our experiences and make a resolutions for the next months. We believe it’s really important to track all the results. No matter how big or small they are!
We’ve written a similar post 2 years ago: 2014 year in review and New Year’s resolutions for 2015. A lot has changed since that time! We don’t want to have an apartment anymore. We now know for sure that we want to travel full time. We still haven’t been to Africa and Iceland but we’ve visited many other amazing places.
We are still happy and we feel that our relationship, blog and business developed a lot. Those are the things we are the most proud of.
- Staying healthy and happy.
- Being in the top 50 travel influencers in the world (according to Rise). The list is changing every week, we are usually fluctuating between number 10-30.
- Being in the top 10 Instagram influencers in Poland (according to National Geographic)
- Being in the top 100 travel blogs (according to Feedspot)
- Number #11 in top couple travel blogs (according to HelloTravel)
- Being in the top 100 travel blogs (according to Bob Around the World)
- Becoming SkyScanner elite members
- Feature in Smiles magazine by Cebu Pacific Airlines
- Over 50 cooperations with brands, hotels, tourist boards etc.
Biggest travel discoveries in 2016:
Burma is definitely our biggest travel discovery this year! Even though we’ve visited most places in South East Asia, we seemed to forget about Myanmar. Few months ago we finally went there and… felt in love with this country immediately.
With the unique culture, delicious food, amazing landscapes and friendly people, it’s one of the hottest travel destinations in the world.
Austria is the runner-up. In our opinion, Vienna is one of the most beautiful capitals of Europe. We felt in love with this city and its amazing atmosphere.
But Austria is not only about Vienna. We’ve visited another gorgeous place in this country- Olympiaregion Seefeld. Tirol is one of our favourite spots in Europe. With an incredible, Alpine landscape, awesome people and unique culture, it’s just an amazing place to visit!
Last but not least- Portugal. We’ve visited this beautiful country recently, at the beginning of December.
It’s located at the Atlantic ocean, has beautiful coastline and really amazing climate. While it’s freezing in other parts of Europe, it’s warm and sunny in Portugal. We felt in love with this country, its food and, of course, the people.
Best travel experiences:
Andaman sea cruising in Phuket. We spent an amazing weekend on Merdeka Spa Boat. This luxury boat was entirely at our disposal. We had a private masseuse and cook, so all we were doing for two days was relaxing, snorkelling and having fun!
The other thing we will never forget is the Great Wall of China trekking. It was really amazing!
Numbers of 2016:
- 18 flights (see them on our FlightDiary)
- 18 countries visited (Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Ukraine, Austria, Czechia, Slovenia, Portugal, UK, France, Slovakia, Hungary)
- 62 hotels visited
- 317 days of a journey
- 7 new countries visited
- Over 6,000 miles driven by car (within 4 months)
New Year’s resolutions for 2017:
In contrary to other years, we don’t have any resolutions. We will continue traveling the world, being happy and making memories. We will accept anything the world will bring to us. At the end of the day, it’s all about being flexible and appreciating what you have, right? 🙂