Prices in Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic may be considered as heaven on Earth. The weather is perfect, sea is hot, palm trees are beautiful and sand is consistency of flour. It’s not cheap country though. It is definately more expansive than Thailand or other countries in Asia. Below we made for you a pricelist of most common products on Dominican Republic. What are the prices in Dominican Republic?
1. Food in restaurant
Food in Dominican Republic is pretty tasty. The best, of course, are fruits. Coconuts, bananas, papayas etc. are so delicious! It’s east to find fast foods in big cities like Punta Cana or Santo Domingo.
- The cheapest dinner costs $6
- McDonald’s fries, hamburger and coca-cola cost at least $7
- Hot dog or other fast-food at the gas station cost at least $4
2. Food in market
There is variety of food in Dominican Republic Markets. We remember prices of the most important products like:
- Bread $1.5
- Milk $1.3
- Eggs (10pcs) $1.5
- Cheese (ration) $2
- Potatoes (sack) $2.5
- Tomato (1pc) $0,30
- Cigarettes (minimum) $5
The most popular beverages are water and coca-cola (it’s the same all over the world 😉 ) We recommend you to drink fresh coconut milk though, it’s cheap (about $1), healthy and really good!
- Big Water (1.5l) $1
- Small Water (0.5l) $0.50
- Coca-cola (small bottle) $1.3
- Bear $3
- Wine (bottle) $10
- Rum (bottle) $12
4. Accomodation (hotel, hostel)
You can find both cheap and luxury accomodation in Dominican Republic.
- the cheapest double room with private bathroom $25
- the cheapest All-Inclusive double room $100
Roads and transportation in Dominican Republic are really good and comfortable.
- Taxi at start $3.50 + $2 per km
- Local bus ticket less than $1
The last prices we remember are coffee and cacao prices.
- Coffee (package) $6
- Cacao (package) $6